Salish Sea Cooperative Finance (SSCoFi) is made up of member-owners working together to address the student debt crisis and accelerate a just transition through collective finance.
Who Can be a Member-Owner of SSCoFi?
- Graduates who have student loans and wish to refinance them with the Co-op.
- Participants of Kicking Gas looking to take out a low-interest microloan for an energy efficient home upgrade.
- Investors: People who are looking for a socially responsible way to invest money locally and lighten the burden of student debt on other community members.
- Partners: People who want to support SSCoFi’s mission and/or student debtors with donated funds, loan guarantees, co-signing, mentorship, or volunteering.
- Please note that you must be a resident of Washington state to join SSCoFi.
Want more information about our background, refinancing with the Co-op, or investing with the Co-op? Please check out our FAQ. You can also contact us with questions.
If you’d like to join SSCoFi, please fill out the member application below. If approved, we’ll reach out to you about next steps, including your $125 refundable member buy-in.
You can also download an application and either email it to [email protected] or print it out and mail it to P.O. Box 12475, Seattle, WA 98101.